MISSION STATEMENT: We can assist individuals and small groups in creating a mobile-friendly web presence at low-cost ($10 to $15/year with domain name) or even no yearly cost (without domain name) — using WordPress.com, Blogger.com, or Weebly.com.
EXAMPLE SITES: Using WordPress.org (self-hosted)
EXAMPLE SITES: Using WordPress.com (hosted by WordPress)
- Audio Services
- Gravely Tractor Club of America (mockup site)
- Meridian Manor Dance (list of line dances performed)
- Oasis Verde Photos, Residential Community, OasisVerde.net (unofficial site)
- Still Rockin Band (archive site)
- Superstition Mountain Railroad Museum (unofficial photos page)
- 216.AutoControls.org – An AutoControls.org “satellite page” (3-rail automatic train control)
- My personal page, JamesIngram.net
EXAMPLE BLOGGER SITES:
- The approximately 50 sites we have built on Google’s Blogger.com service are listed on our older BilltownWeb.com site. Our original site is on Track2.com .
- FYI: The Blogger sites are fine, but recently I have been using WordPress, because WordPress sites display better on mobile devices than Blogger sites.
WEBSITE BUILDING TOOLS:
1. Check Availability of Domain Names
2. Whois Lookup: shows registrant info & expiration date)
3. Other Tools:
- Archives: Internet Archive Wayback Machine (archives old web sites)
- Mobile: Google’s “Is Your Website Mobile-Friendly?” Test
- Passwords: Code Frontier’s Random Password Generator – Add a “+” or “#” or similar character for greater security.